While we always appreciate financial contributions to support the important services of the Women’s Center of Wake County, there are many ways you can support our work and clients through in-kind donations.
The following is a list of items that are constantly needed by the women and children of the Women’s Center. Please bring your in kind donations (such as food, personal hygiene items, and household supplies) to the Women’s Center (112 Cox Avenue, Raleigh, NC 27605).
Bus tickets: sole mode of transportation for many of our low-income and no income clients. Current price for a day pass is $2.00; $34.00 for a monthly bus pass. You may contribute money for the purchase of tickets or purchase directly and donate.
Clothing: clothing for women. (Bras, panties, socks – always needed!) LARGE SIZE WOMEN’S CLOTHING GREATLY NEEDED!
- sanitary napkins and tampons
- personal hygiene – toothpaste, toothbrushes, deodorant, shampoo, soap
- food – especially high protein food such as tuna, peanut butter, mac and cheese, etc. No #10 cans, please (the REALLY large food cans)
- consumables – 8 ½ x 11 white copy paper, paper plates, cups, napkins, paper towels, toilet paper, garbage bags.
- water repellent tote bags and umbrellas
- Diapers (sizes newborn through toddler) and baby wipes
- Febreeze, Lysol, Spic n Span, Windex, 409, etc.
- combs, brushes, hair gel
Bags: plastic or paper (with handles); reusable bags.
Truck owners: We are in need of truck owners who are willing to be on a “call list” to assist in transporting larger donated items (like sofas, tables, etc.).
Cell phones: We can recycle them for cash to support services and together improve the environment!
Become a Sustaining Donor
With your gift, you become a partner with the Women’s Center of Wake County in addressing the critical needs and providing ongoing support for some of the most fragile and vulnerable women and families in our community. Becoming a donor with a monthly gift means that the critical services and supports are always here for these women and children. Through your recurring gift, you are truly making a difference! Thank you on behalf of the women and families whose lives you’ve touched. (Your gift will recur every 30 days from the date on which you make your gift.) f63acb31b0dcd9926b29d6ddce1e4b4c
I would like to make the following recurring gift:
One Time Gift
You can also make a one time gift to the Women’s Center of Wake County by clicking on the Donate button below.
More than 90% of women who seek help at the Women’s Center are victims of abuse or suffer from a disabling mental or physical disorder.
Help us continue to make a difference in women’s lives, by making your contribution to the Women’s Center of Wake County.
Here are a few examples of what your financial support can do:
- $25.00 can provide breakfast for women and children who are homeless for a week.
- $50.00 can provide access to a full day of transportation for 25 women and children.
- $100.00 can provide 40 laundry vouchers.
- $250.00 can keep a family from being evicted this month.
- $500.00 can prevent the utilities from being disconnected for 5 families this month.
One way you can make a monetary contribution:
Donation Form: Print Donation Form, complete the information and mail it along with your check to:Women’s Center of Wake County 112 Cox Avenue Raleigh, NC 27605 THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTRIBUTION! Remember your contribution is tax deductible. EIN: 58-1316004
Please support the WCWC by making a financial contribution, by volunteering your services, or by providing in-kind donations. At the Women’s Center, we do not try to force you into our mold, but assist you in finding the best area of service, which will offer you the opportunity to use your talents and strengths while building new skills. When you volunteer, you give us the gift of your valuable time and resources. In the more than 30 year history of the Women’s Center, more than 3,500 women and men have volunteered their time, talent and services.