While we always appreciate financial contributions to support the important services of the Women’s Center of Wake County, there are many ways you can support our work and clients through in-kind donations.
The following is a list of items that are constantly needed by the women and children of the Women’s Center. Please bring your in kind donations (such as food, personal hygiene items, and household supplies) to the Women’s Center (112 Cox Avenue, Raleigh, NC 27605).
Bus tickets: sole mode of transportation for many of our low-income and no income clients. Current price for a day pass is $2.00; $34.00 for a monthly bus pass. You may contribute money for the purchase of tickets or purchase directly and donate.
Clothing: clothing for women. (Bras, panties, socks – always needed!) LARGE SIZE WOMEN’S CLOTHING GREATLY NEEDED!
- sanitary napkins and tampons
- personal hygiene – toothpaste, toothbrushes, deodorant, shampoo, soap
- food – especially high protein food such as tuna, peanut butter, mac and cheese, etc. No #10 cans, please (the REALLY large food cans)
- consumables – 8 ½ x 11 white copy paper, paper plates, cups, napkins, paper towels, toilet paper, garbage bags.
- water repellent tote bags and umbrellas
- Diapers (sizes newborn through toddler) and baby wipes
- Febreeze, Lysol, Spic n Span, Windex, 409, etc.
- combs, brushes, hair gel
Bags: plastic or paper (with handles); reusable bags.
Truck owners: We are in need of truck owners who are willing to be on a “call list” to assist in transporting larger donated items (like sofas, tables, etc.).
Cell phones: We can recycle them for cash to support services and together improve the environment!