112 Cox Avenue * Raleigh, North Carolina 27605 * Phone 919-829-3711 * FAX 919-829-9960 * www.wcwc.org
Guidelines for Volunteers Serving Dinner
- Upon arrival, either drop off food with front desk staff. Or, if you are staying to serve, one member of the volunteer team must sign in at the receptionist desk and sign out a key. The key will provide access to the kitchen, lunchroom and bathroom.
- Women’s Center of Wake County does not have a stove/oven on site. We do have a small kitchen were items may be cut or microwaved. But, it is best to bring prepared food in containers ready to serve and heated, if necessary.
- Please feel free to bring disposable plates, cups and plastic ware. Women’s Center is also able to provide these items, if needed.
- Dinner service begins at 5:30 pm and ends at 6:30pm. If you would like to serve dinner to our clients, please arrive at 5:15pm to set up. If you would like to drop off dinner for our clients, please drop off dinner between 5:00pm and 5:30pm.
- If you plan to serve dinner, ALL food and drinks must be served by the volunteers and all volunteers serving food must wear gloves.
- Please make sure that all drink containers are plastic. No glass, please.
- The lunchroom door must remain closed until the volunteers are ready to serve dinner.
- Clients may not take food out of lunchroom.
- Please feel free to offer fellowship and words of encouragement to clients. But, please refrain from offering counseling or advice. If a client is in need of support, please contact any staff member for assistance.
- If staying to serve, please clean up after dinner and leave the room set up as you found it.
- Suggested menu items are: Main Dish (lasagna, barbeque chicken, grilled chicken, casserole, meatloaf, etc.), side dish (macaroni & cheese, vegetable side, salad, coleslaw, baked beans, etc.), bread side, drinks (juice, tea), dessert (optional).
- Supervised children over 12 are welcome. Please limit volunteers group size to no more than 12, but 2-8 is usually best for our room size.
We sincerely thank you for your kindness, compassion and service in providing dinner for women experiencing homelessness at Women’s Center of Wake County!
Questions: Please contact Viki Redding – 919.829-3711 Ext. 108 or 919.796.4730 (cell); email@example.com