Guidelines for Volunteers Serving Lunch
- Upon arrival, one member of the volunteer team just sign in at the receptionist desk and sign out a key. The key will provide access to the kitchen, lunchroom and bathroom.
- Women’s Center of Wake County does not have a stove/oven on site. We do have a small kitchen were items may be cut or microwaved. But, it is best to bring prepared food in containers ready to serve and heated, if necessary.
- Please feel free to bring disposable plates, cups and plastic ware. Women’s Center is also able to provide these items, if needed.
- Lunch service begins at 11:30am and ends at 12:30pm. Please arrive at the center early enough to set up and prepare for lunch so that we may adhere to our schedule.
- ALL food and drinks must be served by the volunteers and all volunteers serving food must wear gloves.
- Please make sure that all drink containers are plastic. No glass, please.
- The lunchroom door must remain closed until the volunteers are ready to serve lunch.
- Clients may not take food out of lunchroom.
- Please feel free to offer fellowship and words of encouragement to clients. But please refrain from offering counseling or advice. If a client is in need of support, please contact any staff member for assistance.
- Please clean up after lunch and leave the room set up as you found it.
We sincerely thank you for your kindness, compassion and service in providing lunch for clients at Women’s Center of Wake County!
Questions: Please contact Viki Redding – 919.829-3711 Ext. 108 or 919.796.4730 (cell); email@example.com